I'm not an administrator when UAC enabled

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but if not may someone could advise me where would be a better place.

I have a VB6 application that creates an ODBC System datasource on the fly. However, with UAC enabled it will not create the ODBC datasource. I believe the problem may be associated with the fact that it thinks I am not an Administrator (with UAC on) but I am! I added some code to test using the funtion "IsUserAnAdmin" and it returns no when UAC is enabled and yes when UAC is turned off. I'm thinking if I could find out why it says I'm not an administrator (and I could get it elevated), that I would be able to programmatically add a data source.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vic

  • Re: Seltsamer Prozess der svchost lastet CPU aus - Virus?
    ... solche Zwecke aber lieber Explorer++, ... Ich lese das mal als "okay, UAC macht tatsächlich Workflows kaputt, ... Umgebungen, wo mir der Account "Administrator" nicht zu Gebote steht, ... administrative Aufgaben ausführen musst? ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Quick: Where is the equivalent of the Display control panel in Vista?
    ... didn't understand how UAC works. ... designed to install with this limited set with no problem. ... Administrator, and everything goes fine. ... recognizes it as a setup file and asks to bump up the setup file. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Vista "complaints"
    ... Recent misconceptions about Vista and UAC posted to the Focus-Apple group, ... administrator, and combined with the many configuration options Vista ... that Win XP gave her the ability to add permissions to her normal ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Run as Admin option causes data "loss"
    ... user configuration data in 'Program Files' ... I am an administrator, but the explorer is not 'running as administrator' ... as long as UAC remains on and it is running without Elevated ... whether it is turned on or off, which seems to affect the app. ...
  • Re: Seltsamer Prozess der svchost lastet CPU aus - Virus?
    ... Im Unterschied zu Vista lässt sich der Explorer in Win 7 wegen der ... Ich lese das mal als "okay, UAC macht tatsächlich Workflows kaputt, aber ... Administrator gibt) genau gar keine Option. ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)