I'm not an administrator when UAC enabled

Hello,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this question but if not may someone could advise me where would be a better place.

I have a VB6 application that creates an ODBC System datasource on the fly. However, with UAC enabled it will not create the ODBC datasource. I believe the problem may be associated with the fact that it thinks I am not an Administrator (with UAC on) but I am! I added some code to test using the funtion "IsUserAnAdmin" and it returns no when UAC is enabled and yes when UAC is turned off. I'm thinking if I could find out why it says I'm not an administrator (and I could get it elevated), that I would be able to programmatically add a data source.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Vic

.