Re: Help me with Users

Windows does not support rights as granular as this. Either you have administrative powers (to remove viruses, defrag and what not) or you don't. I don't know of any way to add that ability to Windows.

"j03uen" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:72c8195459e66bf15b04c53069a97a1b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi guys, Hope you can help.
My uncle has a son who uses the computer.. He messes up the system
files a lot so my uncle put him as a limited user.. When he did this,
his son couldn't instal anything and kept calling my uncle to install
it..
So I want to know how to make an account be able to say do the major
things people need to do like install, defrag, remove viruses and what
not.. But not say like delete files in Windows and mess with the system
to make it not boot etc.
I`ve tried going to start run control userpasswords2 but like I don't
know which Level I should use.
ty

--
j03uen

  • RE: Defrag doesnt work
    ... cause so far EVERYTHING works firn except for Defrag. ... A repair install is the usual solution of SFC /Scannow doesn't work ... system restore then you may have to do a repair install of windows: ...
  • Re: Virus/adware/spyware -- is there all-in-one protection in one program?
    ... Absolutely amazing that people who DO NOT install and run AV programs and DO ... NOT get viruses but do avoid all the problems caused by AV programs are called ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)
  • Re: Virus/adware/spyware -- is there all-in-one protection in one program?
    ... Absolutely amazing that people who DO NOT install and run AV programs and DO ... NOT get viruses but do avoid all the problems caused by AV programs are called ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Virus/adware/spyware -- is there all-in-one protection in one program?
    ... Absolutely amazing that people who DO NOT install and run AV programs and DO ... NOT get viruses but do avoid all the problems caused by AV programs are called ... > Windows is not the only product you likely have on your PC. ... You should at least turn on the built in firewall. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Tried everything still get the "error" message
    ... Prove to your self that the source files are where Movie Maker thinks ... If you have used the Windows "Disk Clean-Up" routine all you have ... Using the Microsoft Defrag utility does not defrag the drive...it only ... Reboot the machine and then install DirectX9, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)