Re: Help me with Users

Well, that's like "You can't have your cake and eat it too". If you have
an admin account, you can do all the things you described. If you are on
a user account, you cannot. That is the whole idea of making the
distinction so that not everybody can mess with the system. I would say,
give this son enough rope to hang himself. Just make sure he has burnt
the recovery DVDs so that he can reinstall. After the 3d or 4th
reinstallation he will have learned not to mess with the system.

--
whs

  • Re: Office is not installed for the current user in Vista
    ... Second - Uninstalled Office and reinstalled it from the new admin account - ... current user and I should reinstall. ... I have tried installing, repairing, removing and installing again and ... I have only an Admin account and and an inactive guest account. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: cant rename folders
    ... i have tried those two fixes you suggested and ... i also tried creating a new admin account ... i'm starting to get the feeling that i may need to reinstall the os to ... *Please post feedback to help others.* ...
  • RE: how can I delete past users of my 2 nd hand computer
    ... reinstall XP ... The problem you are having is that your friend set his account up as the administrator and his children as users so that they couldn't install anything! ... - log on with his original Admin account ... you can do other cleanup manually by removing any unnecessary entries in the "Documents and Settings" folder (CAREFUL! ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Administrator folder in Documents and Settings - XP Pro
    ... You can put the Admin account on the welcome user page that shows ... I'm just wondering why you can't get to the built in Administrator account. ... I can create another user and try to fix my IE problem |> | from there. ...
  • Re: passwords again!!
    ... programs on lostpassword.com or to format and reinstall xp. ... > realsie that i shouldnt have been using admin account but i was sure ... >> case your user account get messed up. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)