Re: home network XP comp cant' access files on vista desktop

David,

I'm not a Vista expert. I have worked around it by creating, in vista, the same user account I have in XP. Same name and password.

Hope this help.

JJLobo

"David" <David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na notícia da mensagem:963B5808-112D-46EC-B54C-CE363307A12E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

My laptop running xp cannot access files on my desktop running vista.

Desktop can access files on laptop, I can also access files laptop>desktop
using Laplink.

Error message says talk to administrator (me) don't have appropriate
permission.

Don' t know whether this problem first manifested itself when I changed
routers. Have tried without firewall on router and on desktop.

I believe sharing is set appropriately. I am not being asked for any
passwords and I do know them.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should look at please?

Regards
--
David

  • RE: VISTA
    ... Is your access db built on Windows XP or earlier OS? ... rebuild the access files on Vista? ... The following is the error message from the software, ... I am using Windows Vista Ultima. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.odbc)
  • Re: home network XP comp cant access files on vista desktop
    ... I'm not a Vista expert. ... My laptop running xp cannot access files on my desktop running vista. ... routers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Frustrated with file sharing on mixed XP/Vista home network
    ... Windows logon? ... had it set up so anyone on any machine could access files anywhere. ... Now I have mostly Vista machines and one XP Media Center machine. ... I can share printers OK and the explicitly shared assets appear in a Network browse, but nothing I can do lets me drill down to the subfolder or file level. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • file sharing with vista home basic
    ... I've a home network consist of Vista Home Basic & XP. ... While both computers ... were set to share files & printers, I can see & access files in the XP PC ...
  • Re: Vista ICS flaky network
    ... I just built myself a new Vista Ultimate with SP1 system to take the place ... Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. ... I run on the LAN. ... not talk reliably to any of the 3 routers I've tried, ...