Re: home network XP comp cant' access files on vista desktop

David,

I'm not a Vista expert. I have worked around it by creating, in vista, the same user account I have in XP. Same name and password.

Hope this help.

JJLobo

"David" <David@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> escreveu na notícia da mensagem:963B5808-112D-46EC-B54C-CE363307A12E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

My laptop running xp cannot access files on my desktop running vista.

Desktop can access files on laptop, I can also access files laptop>desktop
using Laplink.

Error message says talk to administrator (me) don't have appropriate
permission.

Don' t know whether this problem first manifested itself when I changed
routers. Have tried without firewall on router and on desktop.

I believe sharing is set appropriately. I am not being asked for any
passwords and I do know them.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to what I should look at please?

Regards
--
David

.