can't create new user accounts

Hello,

Well, I have been trying to create a new user account. I have one
administrative profile and one user or guest - so 2 in all. So i decided
to try and make another one adminsitrative profile to see if I could use
INternet Explorer because for some reason I can't on the admin but only
on the user/guest ( but was told to send back the pc to HP to fix).
Anyways I tried to make it but it said something like" you can;t make
this beacause you have one or more of the following symbols :
/\":;|<>+=,?* " but i didn't even put one of those in i just put my
name - miles
So I asked around and was refered to this site, so does anyone know
what to do? and if so please do keep in mind that I dont really know
anything about computer and such, Thank you.

--
smurfya1234

  • User accounts
    ... I have been using the administrative profile and have data in the Money ... program and outlook. ... How do I get this info over to my new user account? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: My server keeps automatically logging off console (win 2003)
    ... can I assume that you met a new problem that guest ... Are you logging on to the SBS Server using the guest account via Remote ... If you create a new user account and grant him the logon permission, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: access problem
    ... Guest you find in the User Accounts applet, the network Guest which is ... by enabling Simple File Sharing) and if you've set File/Printer Sharing to ... Machine B has one user account with a null password ...
  • Re: Setting up guest account
    ... So if you enabled Guest, disable it now and create a Standard/Limited ... it then requires acct selection at every reboot. ... automatically log on but you can set the computer to automatically log onto ... Select a user account to automatically log on by clicking on the ...
  • Re: cannot logon as administrator locked out
    ... The jury is still out... ... trying the F8 trick ect. ... now it will only let me log on as guest. ... and documents on my user account. ...