Tearing my hair out.

I've got three accounts set up: 1 as administrator, one as standard and
one guest.

UAC is on for all of them. I've been trying to install some software to
the standard account ONLY. I've tried from the standard account and from
administrator. I only want that software on the standard account NOT on
the admin.

How do I do that????

Similarly there is software that I use that I only want showing up in
the Admin account NOT on the standard one.

Is there some deep config thing I need to do? Also, is there a way I
can keep UAC on for the standard and guest but NOT for admin?

Please help, I'm at my wits end.....
Cypher

--
cypherslock

  • Re: Interesting message using Client Wizard
    ... Please doublecheck the password for the push account that you have provided. ... > difficulties using the client wizard to install the Advanced Client. ... > Standard Time> ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.setup)
  • Re: Advice sought on Running XP Home SP2 as Admin or Limited User
    ... Running as a limited user is far more secure than running as an ... run as a standard user. ... don't work unless the user is an administrator. ... Create a second administrator account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Sys Prefs Lock
    ... Because the lock/unlock setting for most of System Preferences is ... The only reason I can think of why Apple did this is that your account ... which was only significant for admin users, not standard users. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Sys Prefs Lock
    ... Because the lock/unlock setting for most of System Preferences is ... The only reason I can think of why Apple did this is that your account ... which was only significant for admin users, not standard users. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • FMP 8.5 Adv Cross user-type problem
    ... Have system-level Admin and Standard users on the computer. ... system-level Admin account open. ... First tried to install FMP 8.5 Adv in the Standard user I normally use. ...
    (comp.databases.filemaker)