Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after resetting

Hi Brink,

You wouldn't believe it. After a day and a half of using vista normally
- login log out a number of times suddenly I had the same problem.

Using System Restore options I note an few important updates loaded
today and yesterday. So possibly this problem may be related to a
particular Windows update? (!)

I have always had Windows Updates - update automatically - I am
changing the update to non automatic - i.e. I choose which update to
install and I intend not to allow any updates come through - this I hope
will help eliminate what the cause of this problem is.

Any thoughts?

--
kvebay

  • Re: *!NOT your usual Vista Password Problem - Incorrect Password even every time even after rese
    ... - login log out a number of times suddenly I had the same problem. ... install and I intend not to allow any updates come through - this I hope ... Installing one Windows Update at a time ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: I am having connectivity problems
    ... Are you telling me that the ZA firewall AND the Windows Firewall was enabled when you installed SP3 via Windows Update? ... This Service "protects" Windows and disallows certain changes to be made (e.g., the changes install SP3 will make), so it should have been disabled prior to installing SP3. ... does the connection problem persist? ...
  • Re: manual MS Update fails (gen. host proc. fail) but works automa
    ... I thought I'd post a quick update to my windows update issue with generic ... Updates were failing for various 'generic host process' errors with various ... The memory was added to the laptop when it had Vista to upgrade from 1 ... unresponsive when you try to install an update from Windows Update or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... I stopped it, did a cold boot, and afterward tried windows update, but still ... This was a fresh install on a new hd and has been extremely stable .. ... Proxycfg settings WORKED. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Windows XP failing
    ... I had a problem where windows update reported that the "Update for Outlook ... 2003 Junk email filter KB905648" had failed to install. ... I am NOT impressed with the fact that the Microsoft "help" has given me such ... A software firewall is a security system that acts as a protective boundary ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)