RE: Change settings need to be system administrator

Yes, I'm logged as an administrator, but not "THE ADMINISTRATOR" Logging in
now I have all rights.

"Terry" wrote:

I’m trying to change the settings on automatic updates to download and
install, the settings screen will not allow me to change the existing
settings. Says it must be done by a system administrator. The machine is not
on a domain

I have administrator rights, but I’m not logged on as the administrator.

How can I change this and or how do I log on as the administrator.

Thanks

  • Re: Rights and Policies
    ... ones that already exist from before the client PC was joined to the domain, ... Administrator account, and install the application. ... Then have the user with regular non-admin rights ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Rights and Policies
    ... you would log onto the client PC with either the Local or Domain ... Administrator account, and install the application. ... Then have the user with regular non-admin rights log ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Rights and Policies
    ... ones that already exist from before the client PC was joined to the domain, ... Administrator account, and install the application. ... Then have the user with regular non-admin rights ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Limit administrators permissions
    ... Evan wrote: ... You say install, but do you mean every single time you run it it needs to ... rights, install what's needed, and revoke rights? ... You cannot expect to limit an administrator, ...
  • Re: Local Administrator Account & Corporate Network
    ... > are using Administrator permissions on our workstation. ... Very few applications truly need full administrative rights to ... to install things frequently - that is a whole different story. ... The google products do not need to have admin rights to run. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)