800106ba error

I am at my wit's end. And I am probably posting this to the wrong place.
I spent most of the day on the phone with McAfee trying to get this
error to stop showing up when I boot. They finally decided it was a
Windows Defender error. No problem, right? It wouild be if this were a
32-bit computer. It's a 64 bit computer and I can't find a single cure.
MEanwhile, my registry is slowly being cut to shreds. Any ideas, folks?
I really am just about out of my mind with this.

Joe Fasbinder

--
Joe Fasbinder

  • Re: infocard.exe
    ... See Mow's replies in this recent thread: ... Windows Defender error when restarting computers with VirusScan 2009 installed: ... Peter Foldes wrote: ... Is it Vista throwing a 0x800106ba error and is or was a McAfee or Norton ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: 0x800106ba
    ... LJM wrote: ... Are you running Vista and is a McAfee application installed?... ... Windows Defender error when restarting computers with VirusScan 2009 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: 800106ba error
    ... I too am at my wits end and am having this same problem... ... "Joe Fasbinder" wrote: ... Windows Defender error. ... my registry is slowly being cut to shreds. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)