Trouble Importing Windows Mail Messages?

Hi all,

Was having trouble with this and stumbled onto the solution.
Hope others may find this useful.

SCENARIO:
Migrating from user account bby509 to new account Dave PC
Moved all data, contacts, favorites, etc. without any problems
Exported and Imported mail accounts without issues

Then tried to import messages and faced errors.
Turns out Windows Mail has a problem picking up directory path
correctly and duplicates last folder in the path.
Click in the directory address bar of the Select Folder window resolved
the issue

See attached doc for details.
- Hope this can help others

Regards, Dave

|Filename: Having Trouble with Import Messages in Windows Mail.doc |
|Download: http://www.vistax64.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10638|

dagoddar

  • Re: AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down
    ... I mean, two days delay divided by 365 times the total transfer volume, that's quite some dough. ... But AFAIR one has to give the other party what's called "Einzugsermaechtigung" over there, an authorization to draft from an account. ... customer support required a large dose of persistence on my side but I never had a problem in that area. ... Never had trouble with email, just Usenet once in a while. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Event ID 676 Logged
    ... We're running a Windows 2000 domain in mixed-mode. ... trouble. ... and the following is logged in the event log: ... Time: xx Category: Account Logon ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Mix environm. 5.5 /2003 Delegation trouble
    ... 2- Windows 2003 domain with Exchange 2003 ... Our trouble have begin with the start of mailbox migration. ... Every users have an account in both domain. ...
  • Re: Paging Mr Derachiel
    ... off" and would not reinstate my account without a letter from me ... Trouble is, he doesn't seem to realise it's not me he's harrassing. ... chalk it up to Usenet nutcasery. ... He's now actively harrassing a third ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: A couple of Mail questions
    ... I've been switching between the two over the last few weeks, ... having trouble deciding which to stick with. ... seem to behave well when moving stuff to trash and junk when using IMAP. ... For another account it won't recognise that ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)