Re: User Account Control blocking a program despite permissions

JWAzevedo <JWAzevedo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm still looking for a solution here.

I've tried 3rd-party tools (TweakUAC and Norton UAC Control), but though
they're great for the administrator account, the standard user account is
still prompted when opening this program.

For the moment, UAC is off. That might be the "solution", though I hope not.

I've had UAC off for 6 months. Don't plan to ever turn it back on.

If that's your fix, run with it and don't look back.

  • Re: Super Admin
    ... administrator account I'm referring to is the, disabled by default, ... and have never had a UAC prompt. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, ... I don't know how you've been configuring those Enterprise machines, ...
  • Re: Super Admin
    ... constant elevated privileges, and not subject to UAC prompts, ... although UAC is still running in the background. ... in Vista Business and Ultimate? ... Administrator account is based on its description in, ...
  • Re: UAC disabled same as "Run as administrator"?
    ... running with the same rights as a standard user. ... re-enable UAC, which is a way to duplicate, on Vista, the techniques ... machine could gain access to system items and cause serious damage. ... to an administrator account, and performing untold damage, the prompt ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Administrator access
    ... the password of the built in administrator account. ... built in administrator account at the command line with the net user command ... However by default with UAC enabled you probably will get an access denied ...
  • Re: Super Admin
    ... administrator account I'm referring to is the, disabled by default, ... and have never had a UAC prompt. ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...