Re: User Account Control blocking a program despite permissions

"JWAzevedo" <JWAzevedo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:630C24DD-9FF6-470A-B8CF-FCE20046A216@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Follett Technical Support confirms that they do not support Athena with
Vista. The program has not been tested with Vista, and since they are not
developing that program any longer, they are not going to troubleshoot
problems. The program itself is working fine for our tiny library, and as I
said, to change it now would create serious problems for us. The only issue
we have -- and this is the issue I brought to the forum -- is that Vista User
Account Control won’t let us open the program without an administrator
password. So I’ll repeat that question and ask for a specific answer: How
can I tweak Vista to tell it to allow this program to open without challenge
from UAC? Thanks.
Jerry

I will try to get back to you with other possible solutions a little later.

  • Vista "complaints"
    ... Recent misconceptions about Vista and UAC posted to the Focus-Apple group, ... administrator, and combined with the many configuration options Vista ... that Win XP gave her the ability to add permissions to her normal ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Vista "complaints"
    ... Recent misconceptions about Vista and UAC posted to the Focus-Apple group, ... administrator, and combined with the many configuration options Vista ... run an installation file need to do so in admin mode. ... that Win XP gave her the ability to add permissions to her normal ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: 2003 Repair / Compact Problem
    ... I managed to compact/repair and build an ADE without incident several times ... Administrator" should have any impact. ... Currently I have Windows Vista UAC turned off, therefore not sure, without ... repair & compact my 2003 .adp files. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Installation problem - non-admin users
    ... I guess I am facing an administrative privileges issue with Vista. ... Log on as an administrator or contact your system administrator. ... The user is going to be asked to give a user-id and psw to an user/admin account. ... The user account for the non-user admin in not an account that has full rights on System32. ...
  • Re: 2003 Repair / Compact Problem
    ... Administrator", or to always "Run as Administrator" right mouse ... Currently I have Windows Vista UAC turned off, therefore not sure, without ... which I ususually solve by Importing all the objects into a clean ADP, ... although frequently that also gets an Unresponsive error as well. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)