Re: User Account Control blocking a program despite permissions

"JWAzevedo" <JWAzevedo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:630C24DD-9FF6-470A-B8CF-FCE20046A216@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Follett Technical Support confirms that they do not support Athena with
Vista. The program has not been tested with Vista, and since they are not
developing that program any longer, they are not going to troubleshoot
problems. The program itself is working fine for our tiny library, and as I
said, to change it now would create serious problems for us. The only issue
we have -- and this is the issue I brought to the forum -- is that Vista User
Account Control won’t let us open the program without an administrator
password. So I’ll repeat that question and ask for a specific answer: How
can I tweak Vista to tell it to allow this program to open without challenge
from UAC? Thanks.
Jerry

I will try to get back to you with other possible solutions a little later.

.