Re: Upgrading from XP to Vista

PS: DONT DELETE THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

"Tore Sandvik" <tore.sandvik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:e5v1ztgmJHA.5124@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi
I have upgraded my HP Compaq nc6320 from XP professional to Vista Home Premium.
On the XP configuration, the only user vas "Administrator".
On Vista the only user is "Tore" will all the administrator's rights. Even though it seems that the user "Administrator" is lurking somewhere in the background, as when I tried to enter a new user called "Administrator" i get the message that the user "Administrator" allready exists, and I have to find another name.
I could let it be with that if it wasn't for the problem that the current administrative user "Tore" is prohibited from a total function as an administrator.
So, my first question is: where can I find this "Administrator" and get rid of "him" ?

Another strange ting also happened as the installation prosess didn't make the usual "Windows.old" file - so therefore it seems that all the old stuff is lost.

When running on XP, there also was installed a "SafeGuard" password protection to "open" the PC first of all. It has also disappeared.

Has anyone experienced things like this ? I have tried to find it out searching the whole PC, opening for hidden files and all, even tried to find an answer on the Microsoft support websides, but no luck.

Best regards

Tore S

  • Upgrading from XP to Vista
    ... I have upgraded my HP Compaq nc6320 from XP professional to Vista Home Premium. ... Even though it seems that the user "Administrator" is lurking somewhere in the background, as when I tried to enter a new user called "Administrator" i get the message that the user "Administrator" allready exists, and I have to find another name. ... I could let it be with that if it wasn't for the problem that the current administrative user "Tore" is prohibited from a total function as an administrator. ... I have tried to find it out searching the whole PC, opening for hidden files and all, even tried to find an answer on the Microsoft support websides, but no luck. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • RE: Error number: 0x8DDD0002 Windows Vista
    ... someones Vista Home Premium laptop for them today so decided to get to the ... box will appear and scroll down to 'Windows Update', ... then click 'Reset' to Reset Internet Explorer Settings. ... administrator or a member of the Administrators group on your computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista Ultimate Print Server Problem
    ... Did you try to perform the installation as an Administrator. ... In Windows Explorer right click on the software and choose Run as an Administrator. ... attempting to associate the control center with drivers for a Western Digital ... Vista Home Premium with the identical control center configuration. ...
  • Re: Microsoft Office Word has not been installed for the current user.
    ... I have office 2007 and Vista Home Premium. ... I am the sole user on this computer as Administrator. ... Many uninstalls and reinstalls later I found this on another forum. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • booting to Administrator
    ... Vista Home Premium ... my settings for screensaver don't 'take.' ... I am the sole user of this home-based PC and would like to boot into Administrator by default. ...