Vista Password Policy

When I open Local Security Policy with Run as Administrator, in Vista Ultimate x64 and attempt to edit password policy settings in the account policies section - they are all disabled (grayed out). How do I make changes to account policies???

Thanks,
Doug

  • Re: password
    ... Open Control Panel go to Administrative Tools, open Local Security Policy ... Then go to Account Policies, Password Policy, then go to maximum password ...
  • Re: Question on Local Security Policy
    ... to free account policies from being impacted by GPOs ... to be set at the level of the Local Security Policy. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: User Local Password Security Policy
    ... >Is there a place in Local Security Policy to change this value? ... Sercurity Settings / Account Policies / Password Policies. ... Windows: General MVP ...
  • Re: password policy on Windows XP
    ... Load up 'Local Security Policy' in Administrative Tools. ... Click on Account Policies, Password Policy and make sure max password ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)