Access Denied

This is my first post ever.
I am trying to install SEP and am having issues with permissions.
After working with Symantec and running their utility, even though I am
the administrator on the machine I cannot access certain files since I
belong to everyone group on the machine. I have given full control to
all users for the folder but still no luck as below. I can get to
c:\Programdata but not the application data.

*testing allusersprofile\application data
c:\programdata\application data
account: everyone - deny
account: everyone - special access
account: system - full control
account: administrators - full control
account: currentuser - does not have full control because the current
user is a member of everyone and a deny was found referencing this *
**
Please help to figure this out.

Thanks

R.