Re: Need Help

khatac wrote:
For some reason I can not update to windows vista SP1 with windows
update; therefore, I decided to download SP1. I download SP1 64bet and
my PC did not support it. Then, I downloaded the 32bet. Unfortunately
both of them did not work. I found out that my system is X86-based PC.
So now I have no idea what to do. Can some one help please.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Why in the world would you expect a Service Pack for Vista to install on a WinXP machine? Obviously, as it's name makes abundantly clear, Vista's Service Pack 1 is intended to be installed on computers running Vista. IT couldn't possibly be expected to install on any other operating system

If you want Vista SP1, you'll first have to replace the WinXP with Vista.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. ~Benjamin Franklin

The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot

  • RE: Cant install SP2 on vista
    ... There are two service packs for Windows Vista. ... Service Pack 1 was ... You should install both Service Packs, ... The full file downloads are much bigger whereas if you download via AU, ...
  • Re: service pack 3, do I need it?
    ... I need SP3 because I use the internet? ... service pack, the only thing in it that I've not already downloaded ... after a patch install. ... now MS is pushing Vista, and judging from the Vista on my wifes new ...
  • Re: Microsoft stealth updates confirmed by many
    ... it installed "service pack 2" which really messed something up, ... I did manage to install service ... I made the flawed decision to purchase a Vista laptop for my ... forcing me to then go back and load XP. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Cant seem to install XP Pro (Ver. 2002) onto new HP Quad Core
    ... I wouldn't need XP if the company I worked for would upgrade to Vista. ... "Update.exe" isn't the Service Pack, ... You need to download and use the full service pack: ... How does trying to install a legacy OS ...
  • Re: Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Packs - Service Pack 8
    ... Service Pack website. ... It works on Vista. ... Do not install Jet 4.0 SP-8. ... See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)