Re: Need Help

khatac;967307 Wrote:
For some reason I can not update to windows vista SP1 with windows
update; therefore, I decided to download SP1. I download SP1 64bet and
my PC did not support it. Then, I downloaded the 32bet. Unfortunately
both of them did not work. I found out that my system is X86-based PC.
So now I have no idea what to do. Can some one help please.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Besides starting two separate threads on the same problem you first
need to upgrade from XP to Vista in order to install any Vista service
packs! You were trying to install updates intended for Vista while
running an older version of Windows which simply won't work.

--
Night Hawk

  • Re: Need Help
    ... I decided to download SP1. ... Why in the world would you expect a Service Pack for Vista to install on a WinXP machine? ... Obviously, as it's name makes abundantly clear, Vista's Service Pack 1 is intended to be installed on computers running Vista. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Need help updating to Vista SP1
    ... I download SP1 64bet and my PC did not support it. ... Why in the world would you expect a Service Pack for Vista to install on a WinXP machine? ... Obviously, as it's name makes abundantly clear, Vista's Service Pack 1 is intended to be installed on computers running Vista. ...
  • x64 or x86?
    ... I need to download SP1 for Vista but Microsoft gave me two choices: 'x64' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: How to get OS name?
    ... now that you tell me W2K3 & Vista, I could add them in the translation, but it was not there and what about Longhorn server? ... Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: How to get OS name?
    ... Vista is NT 6.0 ... Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 ... But it's not very much future proof. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)