User name administration- Vista Home Premium

Received my computer back yesterday from HP with reinstalled clean version of Vista Home Premium.

It came back with a user name of 'test'.

I attempted to change the name to my name "Bob Lafayette" and the user name in task manager under user shows up as "BOBLAFAYETTE\test".

In System Information the user name shows as BOBLAFAYETTE\test

In user profiles the administrator shows as Bob Lafayette.

The computer name shows as "BobLafayette."
Computer description shows as "Bob's Computer."

How can I amend the user name in task manager to reflect solely "BobLafayette"? Without the "test"?

Please use extreme details.

Cordially,
Robert

  • Minor administration issue
    ... Received my computer back yesterday from HP with reinstalled clean ... In user profiles the administrator shows as Bob Lafayette. ... How can I amend the user name in task manager to reflect solely ... HP Pavilion Notebook, DV 6928, Vista Home Premium, 2.0GHz, 3 GB Ram, ...
  • Black screen in vista after logging in
    ... Vista Home Premium. ... Turns out everytime I log in it shows a black screen ... the task manager says it cant find it, so I dont know what to do now. ...
  • task manager anomaly
    ... 64-bit Vista Home Premium ... I've noticed that task manager does not appear to show me all the processes ... program's status bar is invariably larger than the number of processes ... remove .spoo to reply by email ...