Re: Redirect User Folders in Vista

Ok Shawn - since I have not yet seen Vista, I was applying 'main' to the 'User
Name'.

You mean the root folder (to the folders that I want to redirect) should not
itself be redirected - right?

Cheers,

Pat

"Brink" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Pat,

It would just be the main "C:\Users\(user name)" folder.

Pat Garard;870672 Wrote:
Hi again Shawn,

is not recommended that you try to redirect the main (user name)
folder > >

Please clarify - the usual day-to-day User (lots of files/docs), or
the
principal Administrative a/c created during installation?

Thanks for your response,

Pat

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*

--
Regards,
Pat Garard

  • RE: Linked Group Policy Objects
    ... If you select Redirect all My documents folders to the default location, ... My Documents to a network folder, input the location and then click OK. ... Please also check the NTFS permission and share folder permissions of the ... CREATOR OWNER: Full Control ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 "My Documents" redirection failure
    ... Ask all computers to redirect the folder ... Run gpupdate on the server and clients. ... Logoff and logon the users on the client computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: My Documents Redirect
    ... server called Redirect, then configure my GPO to redirect each user's ... Chad A. Gross - SBS MVP ... > of this user folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remove Folder Redirection
    ... I understand that you reverse the File Redirection Group Policy. ... On the "My Documents Properties" window, click the Settings tab. ... Select the "Redirect the folder back to the local userprofile location ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Folder Redirection Group Policy for My Documents
    ... You should not redirect folders to mapped network drives. ... My problem is that I can't create a Group Policy on the ... folder to the user's home directory on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)