Re: Redirect User Folders in Vista

Hi again Shawn,

is not recommended that you try to redirect the main (user name) folder

Please clarify - the usual day-to-day User (lots of files/docs), or the
principal Administrative a/c created during installation?

Thanks for your response,

Pat

"Brink" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hello Pat,

This tutorial will help show you how to redirect the user folders. It
is not recommended that you try to redirect the main (user name) folder
though. It can cause to many problems if you do.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/107990-personal-user-shell-folders-move-location.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Pat Garard;870244 Wrote:
G'Day All,

I will be installing Vista HP on a new PC next week.

During installation, I will create the Administrator account as
required (can't
really do much else!).

Next, I would like to redirect ALL user data folders/files (Documents,
Pictures
....) to drive D:.

I believe I need to alter the profiles for the Default User, and of
course the
new Administrator a/c.

I do not have the faintest idea how this may be done - could someone
please
advise?
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

--
Brink

them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*'
(http://www.vistax64.com)
*Please post feedback to help others.*

--
Regards,
Pat Garard

  • Re: All folders spontaneously empty
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
  • Re: OE folders error
    ... > Does anyone know how to fix this please? ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Mail Folders, Address Book, and E-mail Messages Are Missing After You ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
  • Re: Overwritten dbx files
    ... > my folders with other names. ... and then compact manually and frequently using File ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
  • Re: Help! All my messages are stuck in DBX files!
    ... So I followed Steve's advice on "Import the dbx files individually". ... But somehow all folders in OE6 were compacted and sent in DBX ... affect the ability of your antivirus software to block infections. ... Most of the problems with a faulty installation are due to other programs ...
  • Re: Working without a Word work file - Word 2003 / Outlook 2003
    ... Open Tools, Options, File Locations Tab and change the default for Documents to the shared server folder. ... Remove the redirect. ... of their respective Temp folders and deleted the Normal.dot.) ... taken to Word with the usual box 'you are working without a Word work file ...