Re: Redirect User Folders in Vista

Hi again Shawn,

is not recommended that you try to redirect the main (user name) folder

Please clarify - the usual day-to-day User (lots of files/docs), or the
principal Administrative a/c created during installation?

Thanks for your response,

Pat

"Brink" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hello Pat,

This tutorial will help show you how to redirect the user folders. It
is not recommended that you try to redirect the main (user name) folder
though. It can cause to many problems if you do.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/107990-personal-user-shell-folders-move-location.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Pat Garard;870244 Wrote:
G'Day All,

I will be installing Vista HP on a new PC next week.

During installation, I will create the Administrator account as
required (can't
really do much else!).

Next, I would like to redirect ALL user data folders/files (Documents,
Pictures
....) to drive D:.

I believe I need to alter the profiles for the Default User, and of
course the
new Administrator a/c.

I do not have the faintest idea how this may be done - could someone
please
advise?
--
Regards,