Re: Vista Administrator has "access denied" to 2nd hard drive?

I finally just turned of UAC. I could not even delete my own favorite
folders I had made myself or organize them.

"help123" wrote:

Hey Man

I am not sure exactly what you did , but I went into properties of
accounts and in security tab I make changes in the access to drive then
when I logged back it said to me Access Denied on c drive even though I
was administrator.

Now what I did was , I restarted my windows went into safe mode i.e by
pressing F8 key before windows normal startup screen appears then I run
(run command from start) on run I typed regedit then went to EDIT menu
top next to File menu then in permissions I add one user (in my case I
had guest user already on so I put that user and give all access to that
user) after that I run win vista in normal mode and went to guest
account and right click on C drive which said Access Denied then in
properties , then security and then finally clicked on Authenticated
Users and click edit to make changes and allow all the features then it
said me access denied or can't do it I continue to press (continue
comand) as many times it came then finally I logged into my original
administrator account and got access to my drive and every thing was
back to normal.

I hope it will work for u too I was too frustrated but thank to God it
worked.

--
help123
help123's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/help123.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: Vista Administrator has "access denied" to 2nd hard drive?
    ... accounts and in security tab I make changes in the access to drive then ... had guest user already on so I put that user and give all access to that ... Users and click edit to make changes and allow all the features then it ... administrator account and got access to my drive and every thing was ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... "William B. Lurie" wrote in message ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... "William B. Lurie" wrote in message ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... I'm selective on what WUs I do install, ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Boot-up peculiarity
    ... video adapter 256MB. ... I screen all the Windows Update downloads (I don't just let ... The password for the built in Windows Administrator account is normally blank. ... boot the computer into Safe Mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)