RE: Can't delete files.... constant permission popups!

Disable the UAC which is the control over admin, etc. I was forced to.
After buying VISTA, I no longer had control of my own computer. I could not
even delete and organize my own favorites. I got so sick of access denied
since I'm an old user from before windows I disabled the whole thing. Now I
own my OWN computer again.

"news.microsoft.com" wrote:

I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control
of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the
complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files
downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive.

I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no
longer want. How do I delete these unwanted files and why don't I have
complete control over my own PC? How do I disable all these unwanted
"safety" features in control of my PC? I have no password and there is one
account - mine.

How do I get rid of the annoying popup windows asking for permission to do
almost everything? It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm
stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How the hell do I get control away from Windows/MS and OWN
my own machine?

  • Re: Cant delete files........ need help!
    ... I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I ... "safety" features in control of my PC? ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm ...
  • Re: Cant delete files........ need help!
    ... I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive. ... I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no ... "safety" features in control of my PC? ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out. ...
  • Re: Control Panel Wont open up
    ... Icons are missing from Control Panel, or you cannot start Control Panel, the Welcome Center, or games in Windows Vista ... Visit the new Windows Vista Answers Forums: ... Available Physical Memory 87.87 MB ...
  • Cant delete files........ need help!
    ... I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. ... I can't get control of my own computer although I'm the only user. ... I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive. ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out. ...
  • Cant delete files.... constant permission popups!
    ... I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. ... I can't get control of my own computer although I'm the only user. ... I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive. ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)