RE: Can't delete files.... constant permission popups!

Disable the UAC which is the control over admin, etc. I was forced to.
After buying VISTA, I no longer had control of my own computer. I could not
even delete and organize my own favorites. I got so sick of access denied
since I'm an old user from before windows I disabled the whole thing. Now I
own my OWN computer again.

"news.microsoft.com" wrote:

I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. I can't get control
of my own computer although I'm the only user. I can't understand the
complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files
downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive.

I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no
longer want. How do I delete these unwanted files and why don't I have
complete control over my own PC? How do I disable all these unwanted
"safety" features in control of my PC? I have no password and there is one
account - mine.

How do I get rid of the annoying popup windows asking for permission to do
almost everything? It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm
stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out.

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! How the hell do I get control away from Windows/MS and OWN
my own machine?

  • Re: Cant delete files........ need help!
    ... I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I ... "safety" features in control of my PC? ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm ...
  • Re: Cant delete files........ need help!
    ... I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive. ... I'm the admin and only user on my Vista comp and can't delete old files I no ... "safety" features in control of my PC? ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out. ...
  • Re: Control Panel Wont open up
    ... Icons are missing from Control Panel, or you cannot start Control Panel, the Welcome Center, or games in Windows Vista ... Visit the new Windows Vista Answers Forums: ... Available Physical Memory 87.87 MB ...
  • Re: maddening popups and cant delete files
    ... If you as the operator of the moment had full control of every aspect of your machine, then so would any malware that managed to find it's way in to the machine from any source. ... All modern operating systems enforce some level of this. ... Ubuntu for example, requires you to enter a password to perform a wide range of operations, that only require a click on "continue" with Vista. ... Your "administrator account" really is not an administrator account for many purposes, so using such an account mostly just gives you the ability to set up other accounts of lesser rank, such as for guests or children. ...
  • Cant delete files........ need help!
    ... I posted this on several Vista groups in desperation. ... I can't get control of my own computer although I'm the only user. ... I can't understand the complicated directions given to OWN my own PC so I can delete unwanted files downloaded to it in error from a backup external drive. ... It's becoming torture using this Vista machine but I'm stuck with Vista until the warranty runs out. ...