Re: Domain Password Expiration Notice

In message <33910EB5-06AB-4960-8AE8-9299E9AB3D75@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Paul S
<PaulS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was claimed to have wrote:

Does Vista offer the the same ability as XP when a user's domain password is
about to expire? All I have noticed is the balloon popup but no pop up
window stating the password will expire in x days and asking the user if they
want to change it.

Vista uses a balloon popup rather then interrupting the logon prior to
password expiry -- Take heed of the balloon and change your password.

I let my password expire and after my machine locked due
to inactivity I could no longer log back on without changing my password on
the DC first. XP would give you the ability to change your password if it
had expired in this manner.

Vista does too, once a password has expired. However, if the machine is
locked and you're the active logged in user, you might need to hit
"Switch User" then attempt to login again -- I'm not 100% sure about
this, this effect might be caused by the finger print reader software.

The laptop I am using has a fingerprint reader
and initially I had a hard time getting the Ctrl Alt Del screen to show up
since I believe the fingerprint software was overriding the Vista login
screen. COuld this be causing a problem? I am using VIsta Ultimate but I
assume this functionality would be the same as in Vista Business. Thanks.

Make sure you're on the latest version, the software that came with mine
had issues in the first couple of releases too, although you could work
around most of the problems by using the "Switch user" button, then
manually entering a password when needed.

  • Re: Error in activation
    ... If that is what it is then you need to uninstall SP1 and allow Windows Update to bring you back up to date and offer you the final SP1. ... If you got the software at Vista launch and it was an evaluation copy then it would have expired a year ago so I don't think that is the issue. ... If what you got was marked Not For Resale then you got a standard copy of Vista that does not expire. ... buy Vista, or reinstall XP, and get some good virus software (you can ...
  • Domain Password Expiration Notice
    ... Does Vista offer the the same ability as XP when a user's domain password is ... window stating the password will expire in x days and asking the user if they ... The laptop I am using has a fingerprint reader ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Problems with Vista beta RC2 and Twinhan 3054 TV card
    ... Dana Cline - MCE MVP ... Twinhan 3054 DVB-T TV card and installed Beta RC2 Vista Ult I did have ... Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Trial Expiration
    ... be able to test vista medicenter a few months more... ... In any event this is to bad,I had better confidence in Microsoft than this.. ... The RC1 software is supposted to expire on May 1st 2007 and so I am ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)