Former User Account

After my computer froze up I retured it to its original factory settings. I
also upgraded at this time to Windows Vista Service Pack 1. I then set up my
user account and attempted to restore the files and settings I backed up on
an external hard drive. In attemting to restore my files I get this message,
" The files you are retoring have security permissions for a user account
which could not be found on this computer. " Essentially, I then get a link
which sends me back to the area where I can create a user account that
matches the user account I had before I rest the computer to the factory
settings. The problem I have is that the original user I had was like this,
JohnDoe123\owner. When I tried to make an exact duplicate I get an error
message that tells me I cannot use various characters to include the \. So
I am stuck. I can not retrieve my files. Any help?

  • Re: How to copy Profile to New User Account?
    ... >> I recently changed the network setting from a domain network to my ... >> network and now I have lost all my personal settings, ... >> as they are not pointed to the old user account, ... It won't restore. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Office 2003 Repair on 2003 Terminal Server
    ... those steps will likely restore the settings only for your own user account. ... I would like to run an office 2003 repair on our terminal server. ...
  • User Account confusion...Help!
    ... I was screwing around with the xp user account setup and screwed something ... Basically I think I unintentionally created another administrator ... So now I seem to have lost all my personal settings: ... Is there a way to restore all my ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • user account personal settings problem.Help!
    ... I was messing around with the xp user account setup and screwed something ... Basically I think I unintentionally created another administrator ... So now I seem to have lost all my personal settings: ... Is there a way to restore all my ...
  • Re: IE Explorer 6.0 Locking Up On A Web Page Account
    ... The problem of IE locking up / not working when in the user account is still ... I implement the commands. ... On the IE Properties click on Connections Tab, ... connection under Dial-Up and Virtual Network settings: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)