Re: Disk Management

Hi bob,

Have started to put a few options on paper but not had any real chance
to work on things with other pressures, have to earn a crust :D

anyway hopefully should have a little time this week so will try to get
to it, I think the information will help a lot of laptop users with
limited space and external drives too. so will concentrate on things
such as moving data and programs to a separate partition or drive so
that will work in both laptop plus fixed size c: scenarios

the obvious things such as swap files will work for you but not in a
laptop/external drive setup so have to include this type of thing as an
option.

anyway thanks for the reminder, will get to it and let you know

--
barman58

Regards,
*Nigel*
the beginning of knowledge is the discovery of something we do not
understand.,- frank herbert

  • cFA - Servers, Laptops, Many job lot bulk auctions.
    ... Compaq Proliant UE SCSI-3 Rack Storage Array 10 Drives ... Dell Inspiron 2600 1.06Ghz Laptop. ... External Sun 711 UltraSCSI Drive MultiPack inc 2 Drives ...
    (uk.adverts.computer)
  • Re: another Windows nightmare
    ... after i hook this hdd up to the other laptop, will i be able to see contents ... of the windows directory. ... is that just because of the boot issue? ... You will need a computer with two cd drives, one of which is a cd/dvd-rw ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Buy new laptop with Vista and then downgrade to XP, but how?
    ... in a PORTABLE NOTEBOOK the little netbooks won't do. ... I can't imagine a LAPTOP ... the old 7200 RPM Pentium drives, ... for huge and expensive desktop replacement systems to other people ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Buy new laptop with Vista and then downgrade to XP, but how?
    ... in a PORTABLE NOTEBOOK the little netbooks won't do. ...  I can't imagine a LAPTOP ... the old 7200 RPM Pentium drives, ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Limited Access
    ... partitioned with my data separated from the C drives. ... laptop, I attached a 300GB hard drive through a firewire for my data storage. ... I changed the permissions on these shared drives showing ... I opened Port 3389 on my router for remote desktop connection. ...