Re: Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?

Hi,
Just checking: are you using the Computername\User format in the username input box?

--
Victor Constantinescu aka YounGun
Security MVP

"Brian_McKnight" <BrianMcKnight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:34EFBA3A-2A15-4947-8189-3C96889C321E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am attempting to congifure a laptop for one of our executives. The laptop
is loaded with Vista Business and is joined to our corporate domain for
purposes of inventory/management. I created a local account for the person
so that he can log in from outside the building. However, when I attempt to
authenticate locally with this account, I am receiving the following message.
. .

There are currently no login servers available to service the logon request

When I take the latop off the domain, I can access the local account. But
why would a local account be going out looking for a domain controller
anyway? I have never come across this with XP. Has anyone seen this
behavior in Vista before?

  • Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?
    ... I am attempting to congifure a laptop for one of our executives. ... is loaded with Vista Business and is joined to our corporate domain for ... When I take the latop off the domain, I can access the local account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: Local account is looking for domain controller?!?!?
    ... Victor Constantinescu aka YounGun ... is loaded with Vista Business and is joined to our corporate domain for ... When I take the latop off the domain, I can access the local account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • Re: PLEASE HELP - USENET/Proxy Security Question
    ... > tunnel won't work for me because the proxy blocks VPN connections. ... > network security folks anymore since they've all been transistioned to the ... >this local account, I pointed everything to the proxy and it worked. ... The laptop then masquerades as the legit ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Connecting to Analysis Server 2005
    ... and password as my friend logs onto his laptop with. ... When my friend tries to connect to the instance from the ... Only a local account on one machine ... Can your friend set up a local user on his laptop with the same username ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.olap)
  • Re: XP networking issues
    ... > at work), you can have a local account on the laptop, which will allow you ... > access workgroup resources at home. ... TCP/IP, reboot both machines, still no success. ...