access denied to external hard drive

Folks,
I am trying to access my external hard drive, but keep getting "F:/ not
accessible, access is denied". I can change the name of the "F-drive",
but not access. This is happening even thu I am in Administration
account.
I have recently accessed the same external hard drive to change
security settings to all the files so that all users have full control.
Was this a mistake to do?
there are very important data there that I need to access for my
business..do I look at datarecovery software? or is that not gonna get
me anywhere?
Please help.

--
ruanv

  • OT I never do this ...
    ... THE APPARENT confusion within the Obama administration about whether to prosecute officials of the previous administration for committing torture is not surprising. ... What if the next administration believes that Barack Obama is committing war crimes every time he allows the Air Force to fling missiles into Pakistan, killing innocent civilians in a country with which we are not at war? ... Neither will happen if public service routinely is followed by the need to hire private attorneys and empty one's bank account. ... Congress or the president can opt for amnesty. ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)
  • [Full-disclosure] Aruba Networks - Unauthorized Administrative and WLAN Access through Guest
    ... Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Wireless 43xx and 6000 running software versions ... either the web-based administration or the command line interface. ... To provide access to guest users on the Captive Portal, ... account exists in the aforementioned firmware releases. ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: hacking from Terminal services or some other means
    ... Where would I go to configure the ports to accept certain ... >port 3389 for Terminal Services remote administration. ... >the name of the administrator account. ... >> Our mail server is running Windows 2000 server. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Aruba Networks - Unauthorized Administrative and WLAN Access through Guest Account
    ... Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess Wireless 43xx and 6000 running software versions ... either the web-based administration or the command line interface. ... To provide access to guest users on the Captive Portal, ... account exists in the aforementioned firmware releases. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Problem with new Sharepoint installation
    ... I was using the administration account when I created the top-level website. ... Central Admin site, due to the same issue mentioned below. ...