Re: User account is Administrator but isn't

Thanks very much Shawn! The compatibility mode, along with "run as
administrator" allows it to work. Each time I run the program a dialog
box comes up asking for permission to run the app... not perfect, but
manageable until I move my user account over to the admin account. :)

--
tim_han

  • Re: I got a virus help
    ... Most Windows users will tell you that this is akin to the "Administrator" account on your PC, but that is not exactly the case. ... Microsoft has attempted to emulate this technique many times, but always fails miserably in its implementation. ... But wait, you say, doesn't Mac OS have that same problem? ... So if you happen to exploit one of them, you can only do what that small, very restricted user account can do... ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: in trouble
    ... administrator and I can only see log in as a owner. ... Method 1 - If you have a Vista installation DVD you can ... CompAdmin and create a new Standard user account for your daily work. ... operating system structure. ...
  • RE: COM+ question
    ... DCOM Config snap-in. ... component can only administrator. ... The preferred way to assign a user account to a ... user account to a Windows group. ...
  • Re: Server 2008 adprep
    ... in Windows 2003, when logged on with an adiministrative user account, all programs run with full administrative privileges by default ... The check box "Run this program with restricted access" in the Windows 2003 Run As dialog is a way, as an administrator, to run a single program with "restricted privileges" if you want to. ... The other difference is that with the Windows Server 2003 Run As dialog, you can specify a different user account for the program to execute with, even if you are logged on with an administrative user account. ... when you log on with an administrative user account only one security context is created for that Windows Session and this one has the full administrative rights and permissions. ...
  • RE: COM+ question
    ... The developer of my application has not provided such ... The preferred way to assign a user account to a ... user account to a Windows group. ... I (administrator) can stop this application from ...