Re: user account not found

pookie;769795 Wrote:
I have three user accounts set up on my computer. My boyfriend went to
sign
on to his user account one day and his defaults were all gone (favs and
wallpaper) and now he can't log on to his user account at all. any
ideas?

Hello Pookie,

Did he get the error message in this tutorial?

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/135858-user-profile-error-logged-temporary-profile.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

  • Re: Workstation migration
    ... I used csvde.exe to import the user account. ... profile are stored in workstation locally. ... "He is unable to see his original wallpaper. ... > 297846 The Active Desktop Wallpaper May Not Be Displayed When You Use ...
  • Automatic logoff from Welcome screen - help
    ... When I logon to either user account (both are set up as administrator) the ... password is accepted, the message "Loading settings" displays, the wallpaper ...
  • Re: Windows XP Reverted iself to Original Install
    ... Thank goodness for backups. ... reverted the wallpaper to the big green hill screen. ... Running Windows XP Pro ... Do a Google search on "lost user account xp" and you'll find articles on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RE: Slow start - up
    ... change the wallpaper. ... Do msconfig and disable the programs running at background. ... You can try with a new user account.It can be the error of particular user account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Active Desktop Wallpaper
    ... I'm trying to set a mandatory wallpaper for a user account with many group ... policy restrictions. ... and "enable active desktop" the wallpaper doesn't appear. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)