Re: User Account

ericf10;761710 Wrote:
If I create a new admin account and then delete the old one, what is the
best
way to save all the settings and then back them up to the new user? If
copy all my favorites and desktop to the new user prior to deleting and
then
restore the files from the deleted account, will the new user have the
same
look as the old one?

"Brink" wrote:

ericf10;761454 Wrote:> > > > >
I changed the original administrator user account. However, there
are
still
references on a command line, some folders and in Remote Desktop of
the
former user name. I already modified the registered owner in the
registry by
modifying HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current
Version\RegisteredOwner.
What else do I need to do to rid myself of this old user?> > > >

Hello Eric,

What you are seeing is the reference to the "C:\Users\user name"
folder. While you can change the name of the user account and the
Registered Owner, you cannot change the "C:\Users\user name"
folder
name. The only way to do this is to create a new administrator
account
and delete the old one from within the new one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

--
Brink

them.*
*Please post feedback to help others.*

Eric,

When you delete the old user account, you will have an option to "Keep
Files". This will save the contents of the old user account user folders
to a folder on the desktop of the new user account. You can then just
copy them over to the new user account folders. This tutorial will help
show you how to if needed.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/93026-user-account-delete.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn