Re: visio viewer not opening in Internet Explorer

On Aug 26, 9:34 am, Paul Herber
<SubstituteMyFirstNameH...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 04:42:18 -0700 (PDT), dgmo...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I recently downloaded and installed the latest version of Visio
Viewer, but when I attempt to view a vsd file, IE opens and asks if I
want to save the vsd file; Visio Viewer does not open.

I read that viewer may not work correctly if a previous version of
Visio is installed on the computer: I had Visio 2000 installed at one
time, but uninstalled it long before downloading the viewer.

Find a .vsd file, right-click menu "Open With"
and select the Visio viewer.
(Just a guess as I don't have a suitable setup to try it)

--
Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd.
Visio Most Recent Stencils  http://www.visio-recent-stencils.sandrila.co.uk/

Paul,
When I right-click the file, the menu does not include Visio viewer as
a choice.

Thanks
Dave

  • Re: Visio
    ... install Visio Viewer 2003, you can not find it in All Programs. ... it opens with Visio 2000 you have installed ... Thus you can not open VSD file created in Visio 2003 by the usage ... If you need to edit the file, you need to install Visio 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: visio viewer not opening in Internet Explorer
    ... Viewer, but when I attempt to view a vsd file, IE opens and asks if I ... Visio is installed on the computer: I had Visio 2000 installed at one ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • RE: Unable to open .vsd using Visio 2007 Viewer
    ... \par "Abel MacAdam" wrote: ... \par> Someone pointed me to Visio Viewer which should enable me to view the ...
    (microsoft.public.visio)
  • Internet Explorer "Page cannot be displayed" when opening a .vsd f
    ... Visio Viewer 2003 and Visio Standard 2003 don't work together properly. ... If you install visio viewer 2003 and then try to open some .vsd file with IE ... it opens fine, but if you then run Visio Standard, you'll see get browser ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Unable to view .vsd files via the Web with Visio 2003 Full Version