Re: Populating a listbox or combo box in Visio 2003

Hi Jay,

I've got an example in the the article "Combo Box Table of Contents" located

There's code listings in the article, and a downloadable Visio file that has
a combo box on the page, and VBA code behind it.

Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

Free Visio shapes:
Visio programming info:
Other Visio resources:

<jayhankins@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am trying to add a forms 2.0 lisbox or combobox to a visio page. The
box will be populated with data that that comes from an other shape
eventually. The problem is that when I try to use the AddItem method
in a macro I get an object does not support this property or method
error. Here is the code I am trying:

"Sub addItemMacro()
Dim x
Dim index
Set myListBox = ActivePage.Shapes("Sheet.1")
For x = 1 To 5
index = myListBox.AddItem(x)
Next x
End Sub"

This code gives me a type mismatch with AddItem highlighted:

"Private Sub alarmListBox_Click()
Dim index
Dim x
For x = 1 To 10
index = alarmListBox.AddItem(x)
Next x
End Sub"

I am not very skilled at this sort of thing but I can usually muddle
through. However I can't seem to get this to work.

Thanks for your help