Re: How do I convert MicroStation .dgn files in Visio 2003?

You will need to save your drawings as DWG format, which I believe is
available from within Microstation. Alternatively, you would need to use an
earlier version of Visio.

--
Mark Nelson
Office Graphics - Visio

"Frustrated User" <Frustrated User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:A8B9CBE7-45FD-4A6C-9B83-57B6B626E9B5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am working at the office with MicroStation V8 drawings. I recently
upgraded
my copy of Visio to 2003 and discovered there is no longer support for
.dgn
file conversion. Can anyone be of assistance?

  • Re: Import/Export MicroStation into Visio 2003
    ... import/export to DWG format. ... Visio works with the DWG format. ... > It seems that MicroStation format has been removed from Visio 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Font problems when opening Microstation .dgn files
    ... We're considering moving to Visio for our Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams. ... We have been using Microstation for ~10 years so all of our current drawings ... convert them to Visio files all fo the text is rendered in Arial font. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Importing Data Into Visio 2003 Pages
    ... When you say '2007' isn't an option, do you mean Visio or Excel? ... Visio 2007 Professional is strongly recommended for the drawing creation and datalinking. ... IME separate documents for each site based on template drawings worked better. ... Each page represents a site specific configuration diagram ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.developer.vba)
  • Re: Visio Stencil to open in visual studio
    ... I guess my question is "If you can export the drawings ", why do you feel that you need visual studio? ... the second question, no, you wouldn't be creating page/cmdbuttons in visio. ... NetViz is no longer a viable option. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Inserting Visio into Word
    ... Thanks for taking my rant seriously, and for the warning about inserting ... noticed no serious performance problems with a few SmartDraw drawings in it. ... > ways to improve Visio and Word interaction. ... >> associate a jpeg file with a drawing in the book. ...
    (microsoft.public.visio)