Re: Visio Pro 2007 - Database properties window does not display

Hi DM,

I wonder if the window has somehow gotten moved off the screen?

Try running this little script in the VBA editor (Alt+F11 will get you there fast...)

Just paste this into the ThisDocument module of a dummy DB drawing and run it using F5. Hopefully it will find the window and move it to the top-left where you can see it.

Sub GetDbWindow()

Dim win As Visio.Window
For Each win In Visio.ActiveWindow.Windows
If win.Caption = "Database Properties" Then
Call win.SetWindowRect(0, 0, 200, 200)
Exit For
End If
Next win

End Sub

Hope this helps,

Chris Roth
Visio MVP

Visio Guy: Smart Graphics for Visual People

datamama wrote:
I just installed Visio Pro and cannot get the database properties window to display upon double click on an entity. Is this working for anyone ?

Thanks ...

Relevant Pages

  • Focus on Msgbox and Closing App
    ... the Application Window. ... and goes on to the next script. ... Sub Script_1 ... Msgbox "Did Notepad Open?" ...
  • Re: Flashing TreeView Control on Web Page
    ... I did a quick investigation on the IE window using Spy++, ... One way I can think of to reduce the flicker is derive the Treeview control ... Protected Overrides Sub WndProc ... define 2 utility methods in the TestControl class for script use, ...
  • Re: Status Popup while script is running
    ... > is running and to give me the option to quit the script by clicking on ... I would like a simple window to be visible, ... > user to exit the script at any time, but I do not want this window / ... Sub IeDlgWin ...
  • Re: WScript.Sleep for HTA?
    ... > Sub Sleep ... > from a script loaded by the page, ... I suppose that you could even get a WScript instance back into a WSC by ... write-and-run script that passes the object to the IE window, ...
  • Newbie question: Internet Explorer doesnt support Wsh.AppActivate Wsh.SendKeys
    ... I'm trying to create a script that would load a web page, ... Wsh.SendKeys "" ' Tab to the cancel button on the Find window, ... Sub IE_onQuit ...