side by side configuration - what does this really mean?

I've recently given an update to a single user who finds that the program now gives an error

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see.... "

The program runs fine on my machine and older builds runs on his.

However, if I take the older build and re-build, the resulting exe gives the same error.

It's an MFC project and there are no new DLL's. The VC redist is installed on his machine.

If anyone has any ideas they'd be very much appreciated

Phil

  • Re: FlashFiler equivalent for D2006?
    ... Nexus is free for the situation you describe (single user, ... > I've used TurboPower FlashFiler for D7. ... > the application EXE (i.e., just one EXE for distribution along with ...
  • Re: Database without a server - can I find one....
    ... version is free for Nexus but their other versions are pay for. ... The embedded version is single user: ... compiled into your EXE like Nexus. ...
  • Re: Database without a server - can I find one....
    ... version is free for Nexus but their other versions are pay for. ... The embedded version is single user: ... compiled into your EXE like Nexus. ... Firebird DLL is also single-user. ...
  • which .NET components should i use?
    ... I need to create ASP.NET application which call method Sendon an EXE ... the application is for single user only. ... in com world the EXE would be an out proc server ... which .NET components should i use?. ...
  • which .NET components should i use?
    ... I need to create ASP.NET application which call method Sendon an EXE ... the application is for single user only. ... in com world the EXE would be an out proc server ... which .NET components should i use?. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)