Re: Q) CCombobox only displays one item.
- From: "David Ching" <dc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 09:00:58 -0800
"Daum" <Daum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:22077390-DA08-49C8-A629-ADE71A6D469C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thank you very very much; I follow your advice and it works.
I though that I need to input a number for the drop down hight.
That's the way more modern designers work. But the Win32 combobox is a HWND which has one height. That height is the height of the dropped down combo box, not the edit control. So when you adjust the height of the dropped down list in the resource editor ("resource editor" is the old name for "designer") you are really specifying the height of the HWND in dialog units. Since when MFC was designed everyone thought in terms of HWND, this was a natural thing to do, but it's not natural now that we have modern frameworks which preserve the true concepts of a combobox instead of forcing the implementation details onto the app programmer.
- Prev by Date: Re: having trouble programmatically selecting CListCtrl item
- Next by Date: Re: MFC ActiveX: ExitInstance is only called in debugger
- Previous by thread: Re: Q) CCombobox only displays one item.
- Next by thread: DB2 UTF-8 ODBC double conversion