Re: Service + DLL + Display Questions

You cannot install any program with a GUI interface as a service. If it works, that is
apparently an accident (it will not be supported on Vista and later systems).

The usual way to produce a service with a GUI is to produce a service without a GUI and
create a named pipe by which it communicates to a GUI-based app. You can apply ACLs to
the pipe so that its accessibility is restricted.

You cannot run these as a single instance.
joe