Re: Good Way to Start MFC Programming

I realize this, which is why I had a second question for learning the VS
IDE.

"Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Yeah, I have been posting on this forum quite a bit. (in fact, realizing
that I have been posting a question at least once a day made me take a
step back and try to find some good books so I can effectively learn MFC)

What would you recommend as a good way to learning VS IDE?

I would not use that book for learning IDE. Its a good MFC book though.
IDE has changed significantly since then. Also, the first half of that
book does not use IDE. The intent of the book is to teach you MFC and not
necessarily IDE.

---
Ajay

  • Re: OT: The yearning for learning...
    ... series of videos aimed at absolute beginners (although ... Although learning stuff is not JUST about money, ... The IDE makes a HUGE difference to the power of the tools. ... I found fairly soon in the piece that I liked to have the braces NOT ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: HPGCC Questions ladies and gentlemen!!!
    ... Claudio Lapilli wrote: ... :> I figured that was the meaning when Claudio recommended a MS compiler. ... and that means learning how to use the tools. ... both worlds (the Windows distro of hpgcc has a very nice IDE, ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: mkisofs (solved)
    ... Every tool has a learning curve. ... Is your CD IDE or SCSI? ... You should REM out the SCSI drivers you don't need for now. ...
    (comp.os.os2.apps)
  • Re: Mixing Font Sizes
    ... IDE, simple "Standard.Exe" IDE env at the ... results using RTF boxes, so there is a learning curve. ... I don't have any real "needs" as I'm using this for a learning experience - ...
  • Re: Which Java IDE is best for beginners?
    ... >> If IDE should be the best option, ... I use both Netbeans, JDeveloper and Eclipse. ... > Beginner IDE's would be ultraEdit, jEdit, Blujay or JGRASP.. ... I would suggest NOT using an IDE as you are learning. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)