Re: Handling 'Enter' button for EditControl

There is also the option of calling SetDefID(IDC_SOMEBUTTON) and when the
user presses enter that button gets clicked.

AliR.

"sleeper" <TheFakeJon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hey guys,

I am using an EditControl box. It is only a single line text box and
I was wondering how I could go about performing some action when the
user hits the Enter key?

I tried playing around with the various possible events, but it seems
that none of the events actually do what I would like them to do :(

Thanks

  • Closing an App
    ... I am creating a progam in which the settings are saved when ... I do that by calling a function ... called 'exiter' when the user choeses 'File -> Exit' or when ... But how do I call the function when the user presses ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: How to launch a trigger in the update pannel with a return key pre
    ... Quick workaround would be calling clickmethod of associated button (if ... I whould like to lanunch an async postback trigger from an updated panel ... when a user presses the key return with the cursor in a textbox, ...
  • Re: Ditching focus of a JTextField
    ... > enter after completing input. ... > However, after pressing enter, the cursor remains blinking in the ... JTextField respond to an enter by calling the JButton's doClick ... > focus by clicking on something else), not just when the user presses ...
    (comp.lang.java.gui)