Is __int64 dead?

Regarding __int64, the latest MSDN states: "The __int64 type has no
ANSI equivalent."

However, the C99 standard clearly states the type "long long int" must
at least have 8 bytes to store 64-bit integer.

And also, the VS 2005 and the build utility shipped with DDK treat
"long long int" as 8-byte integral type. i.e sizeof(long long int) is
equal to 8.

So, I think __int64 is dead, because it is not part of ANSI C/C++
standard and not portable.

Yet I can't find any statement in the latest MSDN on "long long int".
Is there a big lag between the latest MSDN and the C99 standard?

  • Re: Is __int64 dead?
    ... the C99 standard clearly states the type "long long int" must ... "long long int" as 8-byte integral type. ... Yet I can't find any statement in the latest MSDN on "long long int". ... Is there a big lag between the latest MSDN and the C99 standard? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Is __int64 dead?
    ... ANSI equivalent." ... the C99 standard clearly states the type "long long int" must ... Yet I can't find any statement in the latest MSDN on "long long int". ... Is there a big lag between the latest MSDN and the C99 standard? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: How to implement this?
    ... the C99 standard, so if there's a difference in C++ then this won't ... int promotes to int, so it won't change. ... make that left-hand-side an unsigned type. ... > What about the case where x is an enum. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Installation and usage of free FORTRAN-77 compiler on Windows XP laptop
    ... extension. ... From the C99 standard, 6.2.5 para 4 ... When the DEC Alpha first came out, its C compilers had a 64 bit long, ... machines usually used either 16 or 32 bit for int, 16 for short, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Is __int64 dead?
    ... the C99 standard clearly states the type "long long int" must ... at least have 8 bytes to store 64-bit integer. ... Yet I can't find any statement in the latest MSDN on "long long int". ... Is there a big lag between the latest MSDN and the C99 standard? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)