Re: linker error 0x0150002

Neel schrieb:

if i run the setup on PC which doesnot have visual studio 8.0 my
application doesnot start and says the following error
"The Application falied to initialize properly(0xc015002).Click to
terminate the applcation. "

Your application is linked to some DLLs that are not available on the target machine. You need to distribute and install any DLL that your application depends on (as long as you have the license to redistribute them).

To see dependent DLLs, open your application with the dependency viewer (depends.exe).

Norbert

  • Re: Unable to create registration information for file named X.dll
    ... Is it a static link or an explicit LoadLibrary? ... which is why it works in the regcap.exe folder. ... >> load its dependent DLLs, ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.setup)
  • Re: Strange problem starting server
    ... changing parameters) without changing the GUID? ... >> This is an age-old issue with Windows DLLs... ... >> dependent DLLs won't be found. ... > depends.exe and it reports ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Question about builds using Team Foundation Build Server
    ... Solution C requires DLLs built in solutions B and C. ... The dependencies have been giving me fits for years in Visual Studio because some of the DLLs are Managed C++ and some are Managed ... to debug set of dependent DLLs but that is just yet another deficiency in VS. ...
    (microsoft.public.vsnet.general)
  • Re: @assembly directive questions
    ... > You should either add a reference by copying the dependent DLLs into ... > The Version and PublicKeyToken you should gte from looking in the GAC ... I get a "not found" error message. ...
  • Re: Newbie Question About DLL and static linking
    ... My DLL is compiled with /MD and has 6 dependent DLLs. ... I take it that your DLL has 6 other DLLs on which _it_ depends, ... libraries to obj files and then use lib to make static libraries. ... now Lib complains I have no exported symbols but when I use dumpbin /all I ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)