Re: MSDN extern C document is wrong?

Hi Stuart,

I have to admit that the second example in the MSDN article
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0603949d%28VS.80%29.aspx seems
a bit misleading since it uses the 'extern "C"' construct in a strange
fashion. Normally, you only use this keyword inside headers that can
be used to compile both C and C++ code:

Which point do you think is misleading? :-)

Actually from grammar point of view, I could understand, but not sure which
are the best and practical usage?

regards,
George

  • Re: me operator
    ... > objects inside their event procedures. ... Your advice is misleading. ... The Me keyword is used within a class to ...
  • Re: Heres a good one...
    ... This doesn't matter if the ... >>object is an array or some other type. ... > This is misleading, ... name of the 'const' keyword is unfortunate. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: is using system stack (recursion) faster than using ArrayList?
    ... The fashion I wrote it can be misleading - it looks like I need to ... general consideration, if using system stack is faster ... advocating the use of recursion by achieving speed. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Who sends me a copy of c function manual
    ... Subject headers are notorious for being wrong, misleading, and often irrelevant. ... Your C compiler should have come with adequate documentation, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: MSDN extern C document is wrong?
    ... fashion. ... you only use this keyword inside headers that can ... functions defined in the file must be prefixed with extern "C" so that they ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)