Re: Problem when defining my own string.h

sip.address@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I always use the full relative path when doing something like that

#include "inc/string.h"

Does this not work?

Actually the few libs I've been looking, that have String.h files do
use this technique.. so this seems to be a known "idiom" among library
developers.. I didn't want to use such construct, as some sources
don't recommend it (due to portability issues), but I think I can make
this restriction a bit more loose.

sip:

Portability? You mean forward or backward slash? Forward slash always works for me (I only use VC and various Unix/Linux compilers).

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP

  • Re: size_t problems
    ... Sometimes C developers need to choose between: ... Writing 100% portable code. ... Because C was one of the first languages I knew well, ... productivity AND portability through fixed size types. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: reference for beginner on configure/make/compile/linking/etc.
    ... COMPLETELY overly complex to me - maybe cause the developer tries to ... That said, if the developers know what they're doing, you won't see any OS ... be able to assert portability differences by grepping for ... - Assumptions on struct members, number of arguments to certain functions, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: size_t problems
    ... Writing 100% portable code. ... productivity is low compared to more pragmatic developers, ... Because C was one of the first languages I knew well, ... productivity AND portability through fixed size types. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: which: command not found
    ... package, or as a member of the small & portable set of utilities used ... a tool-rich environment for use in the tool-rich environment. ... sympathize with DJGPP developers and embedded developers who may not ... volunteer willing to do the portability work. ...
    (comp.os.msdos.djgpp)