Re: Problem when defining my own string.h

sip.address@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
I always use the full relative path when doing something like that

#include "inc/string.h"

Does this not work?

Actually the few libs I've been looking, that have String.h files do
use this technique.. so this seems to be a known "idiom" among library
developers.. I didn't want to use such construct, as some sources
don't recommend it (due to portability issues), but I think I can make
this restriction a bit more loose.

sip:

Portability? You mean forward or backward slash? Forward slash always works for me (I only use VC and various Unix/Linux compilers).

--
David Wilkinson
Visual C++ MVP