Re: VS 2005/C++/x64

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, _WIN32 is automatically predefined by the compiler for both 32bit and
64bit platform, see the link below:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/b0084kay(VS.80).aspx

WIN32 is not defined by the compiler. I believe it widely used as _WIN32
substitute, probably by people who didn't know about _WIN32 or cannot use
it for whatever reason.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Jeffrey Tan
Microsoft Online Community Support

  • Re: What is the benefit to me of .NET as an end-user?
    ... Even in Windows, there are multiple platforms. ... vs Win CE (a subset of Win32). ... Also, most would consider the browser a different platform than Win32, ... compiler converts it to native machine instructions. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Delphi programmers are conservative
    ... .NET is not a runtime library, its a platform. ... Win32 is a runtime library too. ... runners' went to delphi because of its fast development and native ... There would already be a 64-bit compiler, ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Detecting WIN32 or .NET example in a compiler directive
    ... WriteLn('Welcome to the WIN32 world!'); ... there's no reason for the compiler directives ... Delphi for Win32 ...
    (alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi)
  • Re: The New Roadmap
    ... C# and Chrome don't have these issues because they don't have Win32 ... between different versions of the compiler and in both Win32 and .Net ... The question was "What's better in Delphi for .NET than C# or Chrome?", ... Forward migration of WinForms projects works ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Can Someone Change My Mind About .NET?
    ... >> Win32 is not going away with LH. ... > the compiler that optimizes it for the current known processors. ... > If you do not recompile the .NET applcation and conventional program, ... > laid out in a certain memory order at the moment you compiled and linked. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)