Re: _CrtMemCheckpoint & _CrtMemDumpAllObjectsSince

I checked out LeakFinder, and it reported a lot of memory leaks, but I
am not sure I used the tool correctly, so I was hoping someone could
verify that the function bellow would cause a memory leak because that
is what LeakFinder reports. It is specifically:

_bstr_t((long)GetTickCount() - m_startTick)

that is reported to cause the error leak. m_startTick is just a long
that gets assigned the value of GetTickCount() at the very beginning,
so I am calling the function below to see how long a certain part of
the code took.

void CPE::TraceTick(_bstr_t at)
{
Trace("TickCount: " + _bstr_t((long)GetTickCount() - m_startTick) +
" at " + at);
}

If this should not be a memory leak, maybe someone familiar with
LeakFinder can correct my placement of InitAllocCheck() and
DeInitAllocCheck(). I placed it at the top and bottom of my function.

Thanks,

TK

  • Re: _CrtMemCheckpoint & _CrtMemDumpAllObjectsSince
    ... to pass the eventual string to Trace(). ... > I checked out LeakFinder, and it reported a lot of memory leaks, but I ... > verify that the function bellow would cause a memory leak because that ... > is what LeakFinder reports. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13.4 Pre-Release -- Rubys LEAK Fixed (Death To Mutex!)
    ... This release is after painstaking analysis of a memory leak that was ... Those two scripts are mini versions of how Mongrel manages threads so ... Rails impacts your application, or what is causing BAD CLIENT then just ... What you want to do is adjust num-conns and rate until Mongrel reports ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: QC report 5750 analysis - 50% of success
    ... marks reports from a main list for 5750 ... 2714 Midas, Changing a value in a filtered CDS where ... ... 3951 IDE, Access Violation at shutdown ... 3636+ TInvokableClass memory leak ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • DragDrop0400 memory leak
    ... I started using the Drag & drop component suite 4.00 ... I also use FastMM4 which reports a memory leak ... I found that the TEnumFormatEtc ...
  • Re: memory problem
    ... I'm pretty sure I have some kind of memory leak. ... total used free shared buffers cached ... Swap: 2040244 1652 2038592 ...
    (Fedora)