Re: Writing to others Process STDIN

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 19:05:27 +0200, Egon Rath
<egon-nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>i am trying to write to a other's process standard input. I've played
>around with the OpenProcess and DuplicateHandle Functions - without
>any success.
>
>below is my test code (compiles but doesn't work)

Hi,

first of all, thank you for answering.

Ok, the part with the source/target is now clear. I've read in the
MSDN Documentation to DuplicateHandle that it only works for
duplicating Console Input/Output Handles if the Process is a child of
the calling process where the Duplication should occur.

The situation i need to master is as follows:

We are running a application which consists of about 30 open command
line windows where in each of this windows runs a Java Process.
Sometimes when a complex bug in this application occurs it's necessary
to step through all of these windows, enlarge the console buffer to as
many lines as possible, then press Ctrl-Break, mark the entire output
(Java Stack Trace), copy each of the output to a text file ... and so
on....

I want to develop a way of automating this process. Do you have any
ideas how i could do this with the Win32 API?

Thanks, Egon

.