Re: printf with format

"John M" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:uLYJSqtUFHA.4056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> In console application (Visual C++ 6.0)
> How can I printf with format ?
>
> Need sample, please.

What is the problem? The argument list of printf is very flexible
and a sample would probably not illustrate what you want. The
format string is defined very clearly in the standard Microsoft
documentation. What is it you need to understand?

Dave
--
David Webber
Author MOZART the music processor for Windows -

  • Re: ES format
    ... >> runtime format, even a runtime format that is trivially constant, not. ... You aren't allowed by Standard C to define any _external_ linkage ... In particular you certainly can define a 'static' function printf(), ... but otherwise it is part of the language and the compiler ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: PRI* considered harmful
    ... Now we're safe for every possible underlying type of any typedef name, ... the problem because of the different format specifications between double ... The _main_ argument about the insanity of printf(), ... standard functions, any better. ...
    (comp.std.c)
  • Re: vscanf and vprintf
    ... They take a pointer to a list of arguments rather than the arguments ... How can I write a function that takes a format string and a variable ... number of arguments, like printf, and passes them to printf to do most ... variable-length argument list, they accept a single va_list pointer. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: how does printf handle an unknown number of arguments
    ... When you include stdio.h, you include a prototype for printfthat, ... int printf; ... The method printf() uses is a format string, which has embedded within it, ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: printf troubles
    ... is not part of the awk language. ... If I read your response correctly, printf cannot accept a variable ... You can have an arbitrary number of arguments (matching to the format ...
    (comp.lang.awk)