Re: printf with format

"John M" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> In console application (Visual C++ 6.0)
> How can I printf with format ?
> Need sample, please.

What is the problem? The argument list of printf is very flexible
and a sample would probably not illustrate what you want. The
format string is defined very clearly in the standard Microsoft
documentation. What is it you need to understand?

David Webber
Author MOZART the music processor for Windows -
For discussion/support see

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ES format
    ... >> runtime format, even a runtime format that is trivially constant, not. ... You aren't allowed by Standard C to define any _external_ linkage ... In particular you certainly can define a 'static' function printf(), ... but otherwise it is part of the language and the compiler ...
  • Re: PRI* considered harmful
    ... Now we're safe for every possible underlying type of any typedef name, ... the problem because of the different format specifications between double ... The _main_ argument about the insanity of printf(), ... standard functions, any better. ...
  • Re: vscanf and vprintf
    ... They take a pointer to a list of arguments rather than the arguments ... How can I write a function that takes a format string and a variable ... number of arguments, like printf, and passes them to printf to do most ... variable-length argument list, they accept a single va_list pointer. ...
  • Re: how does printf handle an unknown number of arguments
    ... When you include stdio.h, you include a prototype for printfthat, ... int printf; ... The method printf() uses is a format string, which has embedded within it, ...
  • Re: printf troubles
    ... is not part of the awk language. ... If I read your response correctly, printf cannot accept a variable ... You can have an arbitrary number of arguments (matching to the format ...