Re: Why avoid constants as macros?

From: Mike Gleason Jr Couturier (mikejrMAPSON_at_videotron.ca)
Date: 12/15/04

Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:55:08 -0500

> If you can get your paws on a copy of "The C++ Programming Language" by
> Bjarne Stroustoup he describes why you should not use macros in more
detail.

See also the free http://mindview.net/Books/TICPP/ThinkingInCPP2e.html
"Thinking in C++ 2nd Edition by Bruce Eckel" which explain well in
Volume 1 the concept of consts versus macros

Mike

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Macros and Password Protection
    ... Thanks Mike! ... I have 'Unprotect' code at the beginning of the macros and ... 'Protect" at the end, which I modified slightly in this way: ... with an error message, "Compile error - expected end of statement" right ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel 2003 - Weird behaviour in VBA editor
    ... at 14:27:42 on Wed, 25 Jul 2007, George Nicholson wrote ... a Form timer that Break mode doesn't effect) ... I don't think this is a possibility because I always wait for the macros to stop running before going into the editor. ... Mike News ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: clear cells on open
    ... "Mike H" wrote: ... Private Sub Workbook_Open ... protected (even if the cell B1 is unprotected). ... What I am trying to do: Macros need to be enabled for my sheet to proper, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: clear cells on open
    ... "Mike H" wrote: ... Private Sub Workbook_Open ... protected (even if the cell B1 is unprotected). ... What I am trying to do: Macros need to be enabled for my sheet to proper, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: A pathetic question
    ... Mike ... > In my Personal.xls workbook I have 49 macros contained in 44 modules. ... I would like to know if I can delete these empty ... > Sad I know but I do like things tidy if poss. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)