idl question

From: David JD Bell (davidbell_AT_hotmail_DOT_com)
Date: 06/19/04

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:26:09 +1000

How do you qualify the names of types imported into idl files?

As background I am writing a couplet of servers for a single client
application, and there is also communication where I want to pass pointers
to various client interfaces between the two servers. (Hope that makes
sense.)

It all seems to compile OK except when I get to the idl that goes something
like

import "clientlib.idl";
interface IMyServer : IUnknown
{
[id(3), helpstring("blah blah") HRESULT MyMethods([in]
ClientLib.ClientInterface* something);
};

I can't get this to compile (MIDL error 2025). I can get it to compile with
"ClientLib." removed, but this leads to other problems compiling the cpp of
the two servers. Worst case I can get it to work passing IUnknowns around
but would prefer to pass the interface I want to use.

Thanks in advance. Any help apprecieated.

David Bell

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... > network hardware mechanisms. ... The Strong Internal Network Defense ... The client subnet and the server ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... network hardware mechanisms. ... controls is highlighted when the internal network and systems suffer ... The client subnet and the server ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Defense in Depth to the Desktop
    ... Sounds a lot like Domain Based Security (not Windows 'domains', ... > network hardware mechanisms. ... The client subnet and the ... Servers are allowed to reply to clients, ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... objects need to be explicitly maintained....thus the rise of stateless ... of state largely the responsibility of the client. ... object only exists on 1 out of n servers the load balancer needs to ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: 1058 and 1030 errors revisited
    ... Are you sure about the symptoms ie when the11th or 12th user logs ... Does the issue occour only on some machines? ... We have four servers to ... There are about sixty client ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)