idl question

From: David JD Bell (davidbell_AT_hotmail_DOT_com)
Date: 06/19/04

Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 14:26:09 +1000

How do you qualify the names of types imported into idl files?

As background I am writing a couplet of servers for a single client
application, and there is also communication where I want to pass pointers
to various client interfaces between the two servers. (Hope that makes
sense.)

It all seems to compile OK except when I get to the idl that goes something
like

import "clientlib.idl";
interface IMyServer : IUnknown
{
[id(3), helpstring("blah blah") HRESULT MyMethods([in]
ClientLib.ClientInterface* something);
};

I can't get this to compile (MIDL error 2025). I can get it to compile with
"ClientLib." removed, but this leads to other problems compiling the cpp of
the two servers. Worst case I can get it to work passing IUnknowns around
but would prefer to pass the interface I want to use.

Thanks in advance. Any help apprecieated.

David Bell