Imagine looking into process's memory from MS-Access or Excel.

Thanks.

Minoru TODA
todam at spamcop.net

"Tony Proctor" <tony_proctor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OCYNDIpAHHA.3620@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unless you're doing some extremely low-level debugging (say within the O/S,
or a device driver) then physical memory addresses are not really going to
be very useful to the person using your debugger. If you _were_ writing a
debugging for one of those areas then VB would be an inappropriate choice of
implementation language.

If you want simply want to read target process addresses from your separate
debugger process then you'll need access to the full range of user-mode
virtual addresses, not just those currently in the resident set. There are
much better ways of doing this, e.g. injecting a co-operating DLL, or using
the ReadProcessMemory API.

Tony Proctor

  • help debugging errors
    ... set the debugging information to teh recommended 'Kernel ... Memory Dump' and waited for a crash. ... Loading Kernel Symbols ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Crashdump Win2k Server
    ... I'm afraid that mini dump is too limited to analyze and obtain enough ... I suggest that you config "Write debugging information" to Complete memory ...
  • Re: problems with PC crashing; help/insight requested
    ... This is going to be a bit lengthy, including two logs of the windows debug ... Loading Kernel Symbols ... Use!analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. ... 8051cd0f, address which referenced memory ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Non-constant constant strings
    ... which do support the greater debugging features, ... because it's already been caught on the better debugging platform. ... Literals encode something at compile time. ... If the block of memory that "literal" occupies as a variable now exists ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: A debugging implementation of malloc
    ... about a debugging implementation of malloc. ... releaseleaks the memory that's passed to it, ... through a lot of allocations and releases and expect the ...
    (comp.lang.c)